At Envision Saint John: The Regional Growth Agency, we are driving an innovative, regional approach to growth representing Grand Bay-Westfield, Hampton, Quispamsis, Rothesay, St. Martins and Saint John.
Envision Saint John is seeking volunteers to join our Impact Loan Committee to assist in the loan application approval process for a three-year term beginning in July 2021.
The Impact Loan Program is an initiative intended to increase the accessibility of capital for small businesses in the Saint John region. The loan permits entrepreneurs to apply for up to $25,000 in funding for the development of a new business. The loan is offered at 2%+ prime over a 5-year term and is interest-free for the first 12 months. Entrepreneurs under the age of 40 may also access the loan for expansion or modernization of an existing business. In addition to capital, the Impact Loan Program supports founder development by subsidizing business skills development training opportunities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Attend monthly meetings and participate in the voting process for applications.
- Review all relevant material before committee meetings.
- Provide feedback to applicants that will assist in the start-up, growth, and/or development of their business.
- Must have a strong background in finance, loan management, and/or banking.
- Must be able to review and assess business plans and 2-year cash flow projections.
- Must be able to commit approx. 3-5 hours each month to the position.
- Have no real or perceived conflict of interest with respect to the loan program or Envision Saint John.
All interested applicants are encouraged to submit a letter of intent, which includes a statement of why you are interested in joining this committee, a brief outline of your experience, and how you meet the committee member criteria listed above.
Please also include your resume or LinkedIn details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply is June 25, 2021, by 4pm AST.